20 Things To Do If You’re Single On Valentine’s Day
Whether you believe Valentine’s Day to be the most romantic celebration of love or just another Hallmark holiday, it’s hard to escape heart-shaped boxes of candy and red roses on February 14. It’s one thing if you’re in a relationship, but if you find yourself alone come V-day, you may view the holiday a little daunting. But just because you don’t have a significant other doesn’t mean that the day itself can’t be special.
1. Spend time with friends. Go out to a fancy dinner, hit the bars, or stay in. Just be with people who make you laugh.
2. Binge watch a series or movie marathon featuring your celebrity crush.
3. Go shopping and splurge on yourself. Might as well take advantage of the holiday sales.
4. Pamper yourself at a spa. Make sure to book ahead though.
5. Laugh out loud. Laughing gives you endorphins which makes you happy! Go to a comedy club or check out some stand-up on Netflix.
6. Take a road trip. Since you’re not committed to anyone this year, go wherever and however far you want.
7. Do something your ex hated. This reminds you why you’re not with them and you get to embrace who you really are.
8. Take a gym class. Gyms are usually pretty empty Valentine’s night. If there’s a class that’s always full, now’s the time to try it.
9. Netflix and chill – alone. Just veg out and do whatever you want. Take a long, hot bath or shower, eat junk food and watch whatever you want until the wee hours of the morning.
10. Go to a museum. Take your time to really appreciate an exhibit you’ve been wanting to see.
11. See a movie. There’s no question that you’ll get extra butter on the popcorn and eat whatever candy your heart desires.
12. Update your bucket list or create your ideal life, no fantasy too absurd, with a collage on a vision board.
13. Make Valentine’s Day-inspired drinks and serve to friends.
14. Get a psychic reading for fun.
15. Have your makeup done even if it’s just for selfies with you and your cat.
16. Go on a first date with someone you met online. Go in with no expectations and focus on having fun.
17. Order a heart-shaped pizza and enjoy with no regrets.
18. Volunteer your time at a nursing home and ask the residents about the great loves of their lives.
19. Karaoke but only to really cheesy love songs.
20. Go wine tasting. Even if you go solo, you’re bound to meet people with similar interests.
Do one or a combination of the above and celebrate you this year. Valentine’s is just another day. But if you’re dreading it or have some bad memories attached to it, it’s time to get over that, move on and start focusing on loving yourself the most! It’s contagious and is usually what attracts the perfect partner – if that’s what you’re looking for.